A while back I created a Dokuwiki namespace to summarize and illustrate the terminology used in Hubzilla. The primary purpose is to help people, coming from FaceBook and other forums to be able to associate the similarities and recognize the differences. Since I never used FaceBook for more than casual browsing (almost a year ago, for the last time) I am going to make this into a simple "tour of features", instead of some "compare and contrast" academic study.
Here are the top categories, with access URL where applicable.
- Base URL - This is your Hub
- Directory - List of ALL Channels
- Connections - List of your CONNECTED Channels
- Network - List of visible (to you) interactions (stream) on this Network
- Admin - Summary - This is the Hub Administration
- Site - Admin: Hub, Host Settings
- Accounts - Admin: Login Credentials, Registrations Waiting
- Channels - Admin: List of unique addresses hosted on this hub
I suspect this is the bare minimum to list the active and relevant Hubzilla terminology. They way these components interact is an entirely different subject, but any other expression like "page" or "website" is nothing active and relevant.
This time I did not list Profiles, Permissions Categories, Privacy Groups, Affinity, Guest Access, Delegated Channels.